top of page

Child Support

At Davis-Sanders law we strive to support clients in each stage of their child support case. We can assist with obtaining a new child support order as well as enforcing, modifying or terminating an existing order. 

Child Support: Service


Illinois law provides that both parents have an obligation to support their minor children. For the parent with less parenting time, that obligation is typically met by paying child support to the parent with the majority of parenting time. Like many states, Illinois has established a formula for calculating the appropriate amount of child support. Let us help you ensure your child receives the financial assistance they deserve.


Due to the age of the child, employment status of the parents, or a host of other issues, it's sometimes necessary to re-evaluate child support contributions. We are here to guide you through the process.


Once a child reaches 18 most child support orders can be terminated. Child support can also be terminated based on things like changes in the parenting schedule or by agreement of the parties. If you believe child support is no longer necessary reach out to us for help in determining your options.

Administrative Child Support Orders

Illinois offers two parallel tracks for parents needing child support orders:  civil court and the administrative system of the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (DHFS). Parents receiving benefits through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Medicaid programs are automatically enrolled in the services, but are not necessarily required to complete their child support needs through DHFS. If you need assistance with an administrative child support order through DHFS contact us for assistance.


When child support orders are not being followed it is the children that ultimately suffer. Consequences for non-payment of child support can be serious and may include: jail time; suspension of your driver's license; liens on your property; and interception of your state and federal income tax returns. If you are having issues with compliance on a child support order contact us for help getting things back on track.

Child Support: List
bottom of page